Before you can use the Integration
Before you can use this integration, you will need to connect your CauseVid account with your NeonCRM account. For more information on how to connect your accounts, view the tutorial titled: Setting up your NeonCRM Integration.
How the Integration Works
Once your accounts are connected, this integration will work as follows:
- When a new donation is entered in your NeonCRM account, the integration will create a new video message request for that donor in your CauseVid account and initiate a 'clip request' email to your default 'clip creator.'
- Every time you send a video message to a recipient, the integration will create an account activity record in your NeonCRM account, indicating that a video has been sent to that recipient.
For more information on adding donations in NeonCRM, view NeonCRM's tutorial titled Entering Donations and for more information on adding account activities in NeonCRM, view NeonCRM's tutorial titled Account Activities.
Note: If a donor does not have an email address in NeonCRM, a video message will still be created. The donor's email can be entered in CauseVid before the video message is sent.
Automated creation of a new Video Message in CauseVid
A few minutes after a donation is entered in NeonCRM, the integration will automatically create a new video for that donor in your CauseVid account in the ‘Awaiting Clip’ status.
The integration will also send a new 'clip request' notification email to your default clip creator, informing him/her that a new donation has been received and requesting that he/she record a personalized video clip for that donor.
When you log-in to your CauseVid account, you’ll see a new video created with that donor as the recipient in the ‘Awaiting Clip’ status in your Video Queue (see screenshot below):
Automated creation of a NeonCRM Account Activity Record
When you send a video message with CauseVid, the integration will automatically create an Activity Record for that individual account (donor) in your NeonCRM account.
- The Activity Record will be created with a subject of 'Sent video with CauseVid.'
- The Activity Record will include an internal note that includes the unique URL where that video can be viewed as: 'Account Full Name' was sent a video message which can be viewed at: "https://videoURL"
*Note: In order for CauseVid to create an account activity record in NeonCRM when you send a video message, the recipient's NeonCRM account ID must be in the 'Recipient ID' field of the video message you are sending. If the video message was created via the integration, this is added automatically.
However, if you created the video message manually, you'll need to enter the recipient's NeonCRM Account ID in the 'Recipient ID' field of the video message you are sending.
You can find the recipient's NeonCRM Account ID in the detail view of an account in NeonCRM, displayed in parentheses next to the account's 'Full Name,' as shown below.
If you add a video message in your CauseVid account, enter this NeonCRM Account ID in the 'Recipient's ID' field of the video message you're creating, as shown below:
Customizing your Integration
During your on-boarding and customization call with CauseVid Support, we'll help you customize your NeonCRM integration to create rules that control which donations should create videos in your CauseVid account.
For example, you can choose to only record videos in response to donations above a certain dollar amount, and you can define what information about each donation you want added into the comment field of each clip request.
The integration between CauseVid and NeonCRM uses a combination of Webhooks and Direct API calls. The data that flows into CauseVid from NeonCRM consists of the following NeonCRM fields:
- Account ID
- First Name
- Last Name
- Email 1
- Donation Date
- Donation Amount
- Campaign Name
- Fund Name
Data Exchange Notes:
- The above-mentioned fields represent all of the available fields CauseVid uses as part of the integration. Not all fields may be visible in the User Interface.
- In the event of a Pledge created in NeonCRM, the values "Pledge Expected Date" and "Pledge Amount" are not sent to CauseVid through the integration.
- Transactions created in NeonCRM associated with Organization Accounts are automatically filtered out during the CauseVid Integration. If you would like to include transactions created for Organization Accounts please contact email@example.com